Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
What kinds of loan documents does LDS prepare?
LDS prepares loan closing documents for:
- Multifamily loans
- Commercial real estate loans
- Business purpose loan secured by 1-4 unit properties
- Loan modifications, extensions, and assumptions
We plan to add commercial and industrial (C&I) loan documents to our product offerings in Q2 of 2021.
Do your documents comply with each state's legal requirements?
Yes. LDS offers legally compliant documents for all fifty states.
What documents are included in an LDS document package?
Our document packages include all of the loan closing documents and disclosures required for the specific transaction terms and and to satisfy each customer’s requirements. Every document package includes, at a minimum, the following documents:
- Loan Agreement
- Promissory Note
- Mortgage or Deed of Trust
- Assignment of Leases and Rents (included in the mortgage and, at customer’s option, also in a separate document)
- Fixture Filing Financing Statement (included in mortgage)
- UCC-1 Financing Statement for secretary of state filing (no-cost option)
- Environmental Indemnity Agreement (included in the loan agreement or, at customer’s option, in a separate document)
- Borrowing Authorization (for LLC and LP borrowers), Corporate Resolution (for corporate borrowers), or Trust Certification (for trust borrowers)
- Any other documents or disclosures called for by state law
We have a multitude of additional documents we can produce, depending on the terms of the transaction and customer preferences.
Can I get a sample set of loan documents?
We don’t have an “off the shelf” sample document package. That’s because each set of loan documents generated by our platform is assembled clause-by-clause, taking into account many factors, including each customer’s settings, preferences, type of loan, transaction terms, and property location. So it is literally impossible for us to provide a representative sample document package until we have set up our platform for a customer’s specific requirements.
Once a contract is in place and setup is complete, new customers may order a complimentary sample document package to their exact specifications.
Can your documents be customized to incorporate specific clauses or additional documents we require?
Absolutely! We can satisfy most customer requirements with options already built into our system. If you require further customization or additional documents, we are happy to oblige.
If we need the loan documents to be customized to meet our business and legal requirements, how does that process work?
Here is how that process works:
- After the initial setup process is complete, log on to our customer website and order a complimentary sample document package.
- Review the sample document package and determine which areas require customization.
- Provide LDS with the exact language changes you desire to specific clauses, and any additional clauses you would like us to add.
- If you have lender-specific documents you would like for us to include in your document packages, send those documents to us in Word format.
- Our IT team will customize our platform as necessary to accommodate your requests.
- We will then generate a second sample document package for your final review and approval.
- If another round of “clean-up” changes is required, we will make those changes and generate another sample document package incorporating those changes.
We already have our own set of loan document templates. Can you code those into your system and produce our documents using those templates?
No, we don’t offer that option. For one thing, the task of encoding third party templates into our system would be monumental. Moreover, if we used your templates, you would not enjoy all of the incredible flexibility and capability to handle countless scenarios, that has been built into our platform over more than two decades of development.
But don’t worry, our platform and templates are so flexible that they can be customized to meet your requirements. We have never had a single customer whose requirements we could not satisfy through customization of our platform.
Can we purchase document templates from LDS that we can use to create our own documents?
No. For one thing, we don’t have templates in the usual sense of the word. Each set of documents we prepare is assembled clause-by-clause for each transaction based on transaction terms, property location, and customer preferences. So it’s just not possible for us to create an “all-purpose” template.
Can we use a document package prepared by LDS as a template for preparing similar document packages in the future?
No. LDS is a software company whose software generates documents on a per-transaction basis. LDS does not sell its software, documents, or document templates for reuse by customers, lenders, attorneys, or any other party. Our terms of service strictly forbid the use of any document prepared by LDS as a basis for preparing other documents or loan document packages on a transaction other than the specific transaction for which the documents were prepared. We vigorously enforce this prohibition to the fullest extent of the law. In addition to any other legal remedies, a $5,000 unauthorized use fee applies for each document prepared in violation of this prohibition.
How are document package prices determined?
Document package prices are based on the loan amount and the customer’s subscription plan.
Our plans offer increased savings for higher volume customers:
- Basic – $50/month – best for customers with less than approximately $27,000 annual spend.
- Silver – $200/month – offers 7.5% savings for customers with approximately $27,000 or more annual spend.
- Gold – $500/month – offers 10% savings for customers with approximately $50,000 or more annual spend.
- Platinum – $1,000/month – offers 12.5% savings for customers with approximately $76,500 or more annual spend.
- Diamond– $2,500/month – offers 15% savings for customers with approximately $155,000 or more annual spend.
What sort of commitment is required?
- Our subscriptions are for an annual term. Subscription fees may be paid monthly or annually, with one month free for annual payment.
- New customers have an option to cancel their subscription during the first month if not satisfied.
What are the terms of your new customer trial plan?
- Simple: new customers may cancel at any time during the first month of their subscription term if not satisfied.
- If a customer exercises their cancellation option during the first month after having paid the full annual subscription fee in advance, then 11/12ths of the annual subscription fee will be refunded, less any unpaid document preparation fees incurred prior to cancellation.
What support options are available and how do they differ?
We offer two support levels:
- Includes unlimited help center, email, and telephone support.
- Documents are generated when the order is submitted and are available for immediate download.
- Includes unlimited help center, email, and telephone support.
- A dedicated document specialist is assigned to each order (two dedicated document specialists are assigned for more complex orders).
- After the order is submitted, an assigned document specialist will review the data entry, correct any obvious errors, and contact the customer with any questions or concerns.
- The document specialist generates the documents, incorporates any special instructions or custom provisions, then gives them a thorough final review before delivering the documents to the customer.
- RoboDocs Premium allows for one-off and custom provisions.
- The typical turnaround time for RoboDocs Premium orders is next business day by 1:00 pm Pacific Time for orders submitted by 1:00 pm Pacific Time on a business day. Orders with special instructions or unusually complex terms may take longer.
What are your payment terms?
- We generate an invoice each month for that month’s subscription installment and any unpaid document package orders and additional charges incurred during the previous calendar month. Invoices are due upon receipt and delinquent if not paid within 30 days.
- We encourage payment by pre-authorized ACH transfer from the customer’s checking account.
- A 2.5% convenience fee is applicable for customers who elect to pay by credit card.
- For customers other than banks, credit unions, and established private lender customers, we require payment at the time each document order is submitted (for RoboDocs Standard orders) or prior to the release of documents (for RoboDocs Premium orders).
I want to give LoanDocSolutions a try. How do I get started?
To get started click “sign up now” on our menu bar, and fill out our new customer signup form. After you submit that form, we will send out our standard contract for e-signing, and an invoice for $655 – the monthly subscription price for our minimum starter subscription plan. After the contract is signed and the invoice has been paid, we will complete your setup – typically within three business days, you will then be invoiced for the balance of the first month’s subscription price if you elect a more expensive subscription plan than our minimum monthly starter plan.
How long does the setup process take?
It typically takes about three business days after you pay the initial invoice and sign our contract until you are able to order loan documents. For lenders who have a lot of special requirements, setup will take longer, but seldom more than a couple of weeks.
We have a very stringent vetting process for new vendors. Will that present a problem?
In a word, no. LDS follows stringent data security, business continuity, and other policies that are typically reviewed as part of the vendor vetting process. Our customers include many large institutions with strict vendor vetting requirements, and we have never once had a problem satisfying those requirements.
What costs are involved with getting set up?
LDS has no setup charges. A non-refundable charge equal to the minimum starter month-to-month subscription price for one document package per month ($655) is charged at the time of signup. If customer a selects a higher subscription plan, the balance of the first month’s subscription price is due upon completion of setup. Subscription terms begin on the first day of the calendar month after LDS notifies the customer that setup is complete. Any document packages ordered during the partial month after setup is complete will be charged per the starter subscription level pricing schedule.
What if we decide LDS is not the right solution for us? Can we cancel our subscription and receive a refund?
New customers may cancel within 5 business days after receiving their first document package and receive a refund of their unused subscription allocation. Month-to-month subscriptions may be paused or cancelled at any time. Notice to cancel month-to-month subscriptions must be given by the 10th of the month to avoid being charged for the following month. Except for anew customer’s right to cancel within 5 business days after receiving their first document package, annual subscriptions may not be cancelled before the end of the annual term. If this is a concern, we suggest beginning with a month-to-month subscription, which can be changed to an annual subscription at any time.
What if we need legal services in connection with our loan transactions?
LoanDocSolutions is not a law firm and does not render legal advice to our customers.
We do, however, have a number of allied law firms that offer reasonable flat-rate legal services to LoanDocSolutions customers – no hourly charges and no surprises!
Highland Law Corporation is dedicated exclusively to providing flat-rate legal services to LDS customers in connection with loan transactions documented by LDS. Legal services offered include borrower entity document review, title review and title instructions, lender’s escrow closing instructions, survey review, custom drafting, and responding to borrower’s counsel comments.
Borrower entity document review, title review and title instructions, lender’s escrow closing instructions, and custom drafting can all be conveniently ordered from the LoanDocSolutions customer website.
In addition to Highland Law Corporation, LDS has arrangements with local counsel law firms in states which require local counsel review of mortgage loan documents. These firms provide local counsel review on an expedited basis at reasonable flat-rate fees.